Director, Embedded IoT Firmware Development
Reviver is looking for a talented Director, Embedded IoT Firmware Development with extensive embedded systems software experience to help build our next generation product. Reviver is a well-funded startup with a team or highly motivated and seasoned veterans looking to revolutionize the 125-year-old metal plate system and bringing it into the 21st century by transforming it into an innovative, multi-functional digital display and offering a major aesthetic and design upgrade for the only part of the vehicle that has remained unchanged since the automobile debuted. This smart device is an Internet of Things (IoT) platform that offers unlimited opportunities for applications, including DMV registration automation, hyper-local messaging, telematics and vehicle management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead firmware development for the license plate platform products.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to bring a product from concept to production
- Must have a strong understand RTOS, system architecture, and testing methodology for a consumer level product.
- Must be capable of hands-on coding when needed/necessary.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3+ years of team leadership experience in firmware/software development.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience developing and delivering firmware for consumer-level electronics.
- Minimum 7+ years of working experience on embedded processors.
- Minimum 5+ year of ARM microcontroller experience (Freescale, Atmel, ST…etc.)
- Minimum 5+ year hands-on coding of RTOS experience (FreeRTOS, ThreadX…etc.)
- Must have a good understanding of multi-threaded embedded system concepts including tasks, priorities, deadlocks…etc.
- Middleware development experience on embedded systems including:
- Bluetooth software stacks.
- 4G LTE modem AT command protocol
- Network security protocols such as SSL/TLS